[lug] Re: linux

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Tue Jun 19 11:30:26 MDT 2001

My understanding is that the :x: means go look at /etc/shadow, whereas an
actual password would just be used for authentication.  So, you could null
the /etc/shadow password field and leave the :x: (don't know if that will
work, never tried it) or you could null /etc/passwd and should be
successful.

YMMV,
Hugh