[lug] Vim discovery

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Wed Jun 20 14:38:03 MDT 2001

> I was trying to replace a pattern and got it wrong.  Normally I retype
> the whole expression.  However, I tried the up arrow key from the :
> command line.  The replacement command popped up.  Wow.  Now I just back
> up and fix the part.

Works with find as well. The normal "/" will take care of the last one
but if you wanna try ones further back you can scroll through them with
the up arrow.

nvi (version 1.79 atleast) doesn't do it on two servers I work on. Anyone
know if there's a setting to enable history? Or was it not a feature?

John