[lug] Adobe GPL attack in Germany

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Jul 5 10:49:51 MDT 2001

Thus spoke Michael J. Hammel
> After commenting on this on my Desktop page in LWN.net this week I got word
> from some German readers that lawyers in Germany can file suit on behalf of
> a company without the company asking them to do so.  The legitimacy of this
> suit, therefore, is in serious question.  Apparently Adobe can't respond just
> yet - their company is said to have taken the week off for the US 4th of July
> holiday.

I stand corrected again.  Ralf's explanation is much more clear than
anything I've received to date.  It isn't an actual suit, but a threat of
one based on alleged violations of trademarks.

Hopefully, this will be cleared up quickly.

--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |    A hard-on doesn't count as personal growth.