[lug] Re: Thursday night

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Tue Jul 10 08:47:27 MDT 2001

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Ken Weinert wrote:

> If it's raining you'll be short one 10 minute presentation :)

Ah c'mon, it'll be refreshing, much nicer than talking in 100 degree
heat.  The trick will be in keeping the ink on the white board <wink>.

> Of course, if we have a covered area to meet the rain won't be a
> problem. Since I've not been to the park I don't know what it's like.

There is a covered area that will hold as many as 36 people.  Of course,
we might need to share this.  My suggestion is that if it looks like rain
you might want to bring an umbrella.  Other things that might be useful
would be a blanket or chair to sit on.

> The serious question is this: with the way the weather has been going
> will there be some sort of notification if you decide to cancel due to
> weather?

It isn't really any different in this case than for meetings in the
NIST Auditorium.  If we need to cancel I'll send a notice to the lists.

Evenings here in Boulder have been mostly nice.  Granted I'm gambling a
bit here, but I think the odds are in my favor.

(Now watch it really rain.  Mike, you are still in Texas aren't you?  We
don't want a repeat of the tornado incident <wink>.)

- Wayde
  (wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov)