[lug] Software RAID 1 on RH 7.0

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 18 15:13:21 MDT 2001

There's a mailing list full of experts:

linux-raid at vger.rutgers.edu

Also, try paging through the HOWTO:

http://www.LinuxDoc.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO.html

I think it will involve booting from a floppy or cdrom, then mounting your root partition on the second drive as /mnt/temproot, editing /mnt/temproot/etc/lilo.conf to remove referece to /dev/mdX, then running lilo -r /mnt/temproot.  There may be other important steps I'm omitting, so don't take my comments literally!

-John

Stephen Smith wrote:

> Hey all..
> Where might I be able to find documentation
> about the proceedure to break a mirror and boot
> from second drive in a RH 7.0 box enabled with
> RAID 1 (software)?
>
> SGS

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
 |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |