[lug] PowerPoint

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Mon Jul 30 16:04:15 MDT 2001

We use StarPresents from StarOffice. The latest version even imports
and exports to PowerPoint. I'm not sure if it's flawless, but I haven't
run into any problems yet.

There was an article in the New Yorker about PowerPoint a while ago.
Supposedly we have Whitfield Diffie (yes, the crypto Diffie of Diffie/Hellman)
to blame/credit for the explosion of slide presentations. While he was
working at Xerox Parc (I believe), he invented computer output in
landscape format suitable for printing on transparent sheets for use with
overhead projectors.

Evelyn Mitchell
efm at tummy.com