[lug] web access/traffic logging

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Aug 3 02:09:43 MDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 05:40:30PM -0700, celttechie wrote:
>internal ip address for all incoming traffic.  My boss
>wants a better idea of how our web site is being used

Hey, that's really good news...  Get him to cough up some marketing funds
to pay for upgrading the firewall to something using technology more recent
than the stone age.  Perhaps something that supports NAT/RNAT even...

Alternately, see if you can get the proxy software to log source IP and the
IP/port it's using to forward the connection, and correlate the data later?

Sean
--
 "You took quite a chance..."  "You take a chance getting up in the morning,
 crossing the street, or sticking your face in a fan."  -- Police Squad