[lug] OT: should I reply to (this) spam?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sat Aug 11 18:52:40 MDT 2001

IMHO, do the reply, save the originals. If anything bounces on the reply
(which often happens, the remove address is often phoney or filled with
so many responses it is deactivated), include that info when sending to
abuse at wherever. Always paste a full copy of the header of the original
spam, and forward the message itself, when sending to an abuse account.
In the case that any part of the header seems forged, or in the case
that the remove address appears to be invalid, mention that the
offending spam email removal instructions include fraudulent removal
info, or if headers appear fraudulent, mention that too.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com