[lug] Fun with being hacked

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Tue Aug 14 13:01:00 MDT 2001

* Greg Horne (jeerygh at hotmail.com) wrote:
> Speaking of ssh and security, does anybody know where I can find really good
>
> information (multiple sources would be nice) pertaining to setting up,
> securing, and administrating ssh?  BTW I ask this because I want to stop
> using telnet.

Telnet -- eek!

I read this article recently, and it is not a bad intro.
(sorry, the line is long)
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/l-keyc.html?dwzone=opensource

It has a link to some places to read further.  All in all, ssh is not
hard to use, really.  I first set it up just by reading the docs the
come with OpenSSH.

HTH

Tim