[lug] Emacs problem

David dajo at frii.com
Thu Aug 16 18:31:20 MDT 2001

> > also, you can do M-x view-bindings to see what's actually attached to
> > M->.
>
> For some odd reason, my version of XEmacs (21.4.14) doesn't seem to have this.

I think that the problem here is command confusion, I suffer from it
all the time; the two commands are view-lossage & describe-bindings.

> Yet alas, that did not help either (although Xemacs interprets it just fine).
> Interestingly enough, XEmacs never gets the keystrokes - which is doubly

which is it?

> Steve> I've been having a bit of a problem with Xemacs lately.  It

for how long  &  (of course) what changed?

If you run under X you can use xev to look at the keystokes.

On my machine if I go to a new console and type ESC > it beeps at me.

what do you get in emacs if you type C-q ESC  and  C-q M->

dajo