[lug] RH7.1 and remote display of X apps

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Wed Aug 22 16:58:01 MDT 2001

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael J Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> writes:

Michael> Yes, I already added the remote host to my access list with
Michael> xhost.  This looks like a Xauthority issue but prior to this
Michael> upgrade nothing more than a simple xhost command was
Michael> required.  Did XFree86 4.0.x add something new?

does xauth fix it?

Michael> Anyone know what else needs to be configured here?

i'd guess that the 7.1 firewall got a bit stronger, and is blocking X
access.  i tend to just use SSH tunnelling for that, anyway, so i
don't really know if that's the issue or not.

t.