[lug] More ReiserFS -- hangs on umount??

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Fri Aug 24 22:59:31 MDT 2001

Thus spake D. Stimits (stimits at idcomm.com):

> ReiserFS has had problems with raid1 and nfs, though I don't know the
> details. Do you use either? Raid1 and nfs have been a problem for
> several filesystems.

I haven't set up NFS yet, the daemon isn't running.

This is a fresh KRUD from the last version. I installed everything and then upgraded Gnome to the latest. I have two machines that are fairly identical Linux-wise but the hardware is HP4440 w/ 40 gigs and 192 megs and the other machine is an old custom build with dual boot windoze and linux on a fresh 30 gig drive.

No RAID. Nothing but IDE drives. 2 ext2 partitions (for /boot and /) /usr, /home, /var are all reiserfs.

Thanks for the reply,

John

--
John Starkey