[lug] Identd error...

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Aug 27 10:37:02 MDT 2001

Justin wrote:

> I have been getting tons of these errors in my log but I have no idea
> what they are from. Anyone have any idea?
>
> Aug 26 04:09:00 deviant identd[18103]: request_thread: read(9, ...,
> 1023) failed: Connection reset by peer

I haven't heard of any exploits against identd. I suppose it is possible
that someone is using a spoof of your ID for DoS against someone, and
that other party being hit is trying to auth the source. You might want
to turn on ipchains logging of port 113 to see if the hits are all from
one machine (or just a few).

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com