[lug] on a Sparc 5?

Matt James matuse at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 17:12:36 MDT 2001

I am attempting to install Linux 6.2 on a Sun Sparc 5.
 I downloaded the CD images and made the cd's.  Here
is what i get when I go to install.  I boot from the
cd - installation comes up - I tell it to
automatically partition the drives - put in the user
name and password - it goes to format the drives -
gets to the file system drive and crashes.  I get -
error mounting sdb1.  Invalid argument.  then another
window that says - exception occurred - and then a
whole bunch of gibberish.  So I tried it again and
again  - I also get this message - Install exited
abnormally - received signal 4 - sending termination
signals - and the machine shuts down.  I'm looking for
someone who may have had a similar experience and know
what to do about it.  I have had solaris 2.5.1
installed on the machine and it ran so the machine is
good.  Any suggestions or comments would be helpful.
I am attempting to make this a web/ftp server so any
suggestions in that department would be nice as well.
Thanks in advance.
Matt