[lug] nfs client bugs in RH 7.1 (aka August KRUD)?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Sep 10 11:25:54 MDT 2001

Anyone know if there are problems with the clientside nfs tools in RH 7.1?
I can mount remote directories (which reside on a 6.2 box) and access the
directories for a short time, but then the client side loses connection to
the server (ie "server not responding) and all applications accessing those
directories get hung.  I didn't have any problems with the 6.2 server when
this 7.1 box was running 6.1, so I don't think it's the NFS server.  It
seems like its a client side problem.

For what it's worth, here is fstab being used:
feynman:/usr2/graphics  /home/mjhammel/src/graphics nfs noauto,rw       0 0

NFS is notorious for not making it easy to debug this.  Any thoughts on how
to find out why the client side is losing track of the server would be
helpful.

--
Michael J. Hammel           |   If we were all condemned to write what we know
The Graphics Muse           |   about, only corpses could write obituaries.