[lug] Wu-Ftp on Red Hat 7.0

Greg Horne jeerygh at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:18:11 MDT 2001

Hey all!  I'm having a problem compiling wu-ftp.  And yes. . . I have
already tried the rpm, but the md5sum did not match the website.  I tried
two sites.  Anyways.  When I compile Wu-Ftp 2.6.1-6 on Red Hat 7.0 I get
this error message. . .

gcc -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -I.. -I../support
-L../support -s  -DUSE_PAM   -c -o extensions.o extensions.c
extensions.c:2026: conflicting types for `quotactl'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:205: previous declaration of `quotactl'
make: *** [extensions.o] Error 1

All of the other binaries compile fine, but ftpd.  I used the exact same
tar.gz on a Red Hat 6.2 server and it worked just fine.  Has anybody any
advice for me?

Greg Horne