[lug] installing kde

Andrew R. Diederich diederic at boulder.net
Mon Sep 24 16:09:18 MDT 2001

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Bernard Johnston wrote:

> John,

[snip]
> to KDE 2.2 and then to 2.2.1. I believe you should install KDE Base
> first. In any case, suggestions
> for the order of installation are given on the KDE website. When you try
> to install it, if you
> start with the right package, you will find nothing that it needs, but
[snip]

> Best Regards,
> :-)Bernie

Where on the website are the install / upgrade instructions?  I've looked
around but can't find them.  I tried a while ago right when kde 2.2.1 was
released, got frustrated with the openssl libraries and the ogg vorbis
stuff.  I think the openssl (maybe openssh?) problem was a so.1 versus an
so.2, and the ogg problem was a BETA labeled rpm, which I guess rpm didn't
recognize the rc2 labeled rpm as the next version.

My next plan was wait for Kevin to release Krud with 2.2.1 on it.  =^)

--
Andrew