[lug] Any body got an Olympus c3000z to work with Linux?

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Oct 1 09:07:48 MDT 2001

Ok, this command is correct.

> gphoto2 --camera "Nikon CoolPix 990" --port "usb:" -l

For your camera, it would presumably be "Olympus C3000Z"  Are
you getting connect signals from the kernel when you turn the camera on
and plug in the USB cable?  When I plug mine in, I get this:

Oct  1 08:57:43 keats kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, \
		assigned device number 2
Oct  1 08:57:43 keats kernel: usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod \
		0x4b0/0x102) is not claimed by any active driver.

If you are not getting this, then the problem is USB, not gphoto2.  I
wasn't getting this last night, and it turned out that my Khubd process
had become defunct (how?) so new USB devices were not being detected.

Do you have other USB devices working?

HTH,

Tim