[lug] e-mail etiquette

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Thu Oct 4 11:21:55 MDT 2001

<MUSINGS>
I seem to remember a rant on Knuth's page that it should be email since it
is common usage now, which would suggest website is preferrable (that's
what I use).

I prefer above the message unless I am going to respond to multiple items,
then I will intersperse comments.  I don't think it matters so long as you
can tell what the response was.

Apparently the -- means signature starting for usenet and some mailers
still put it in.

I prefer a ---------  line to denote the beginning of my signature.

I don't really notice a signature unless there was an attempt at formatting
that goes skeewompus in an 80x20 terminal, or if the signature is more than
half of the message length.

I usually try and trim my signature off when I post to the list (there's
nothing clever in there, just work contact info).

</MUSINGS>

Hugh

"Kyle Moore"