[lug] red hat dialer

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Oct 10 14:33:04 MDT 2001

dan radom wrote:

> agreed.  wvdial is very nice.
>
> * Kyle Moore (kmoore at mooreimages.com) wrote:
> > wvdial rocks! I'm just going to stick a little gui on top of it I
> > think. It is such a great program I don't see the need to screw around
> > with any other dialer...or do it the "old-fashioned" way.

I like wvdial too, but there seems to be one quirk in using it with sudo
I never figured out. /etc/wvdial.conf must be readable only by root, or
else the whole world could see the login password at the ISP. One can
give individuals sudo authority to run wvdial, but then the contents of
wvdial.conf are still closed off, so it would fail. Can anyone suggest
how to set sudo to give specific non-root users authority to run wvdial?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com