[lug] Software Projects as well....

Chris Wade cwade at veripost.net
Fri Oct 12 19:15:07 MDT 2001

Hear, hear.  I'm in the middle of (as we speak) documenting a ton of old PHP
code, both so I can pass it on to a maintainer and so I can remember how it
works next time I need to modify something.  One of the problems I've found
is that if you don't plan to make your code readable and be diligent about
it in the first place, it can be a real bear to go back and do it as an
afterthought.  I think the reason a lot of bad code stays that way (assuming
it works) is that no one wants to undertake the project of rewriting it more
cleanly and possibly introducing new bugs... if I could do this project over
again, I'd design it much more sanely from the beginning, but, c'est la
vie...