[lug] SSSCA to make all open source software illegal

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Sat Oct 20 22:14:55 MDT 2001

Thus spake Scott Herod (herod at dimensional.com):

> As much as it pains me to say so, our Republican Senators might
> be receptive to letters.  I believe that the Camera posts their
> s-mail addresses in the Sunday paper.

US Politics have never been my strong point. Isn't this a committee based issue? I think I remember a reference to committee-passed bill. If so, will we need a local that has clout in or around this committee?

I think it's evident that it's a non-geek pushing a geek bill in a government that wouldn't have even allowed something like this before 1933? Ref: LJP's and D Stimits posts.