[lug] Web hosting?

Zichary O`Tea zirotea at cyberspace.org
Wed Oct 24 13:06:31 MDT 2001

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good web/dns host?  My needs are
the following:

 - a reasonable level of security -- applies patches when they become
   available, uses ssh, etc..
 - has most of the standard goodies, mysql, perl, php, python, etc.
 - will let you park a couple (say 5) domain names with one account.
 - gives you a reasonable amount of storage space, like 200megs or so.
 - allows for a reasonable amount of traffic -- say 3 gigs?
 - free software, open source friendly
 - no zope.
 - no microsoft.
 - gives me most of this for around 15 a month.  Without any retarded
   setup fee, altough a non-retarded nominal setup fee -- around 20
   dollars -- I could tolerate.

the best I found so far was penguinhosting.com.  Unfortunately, their not
accepting new users.