[lug] GUI support, can I help you?

rotering at animalcules.com rotering at animalcules.com
Fri Oct 26 11:50:50 MDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 11:20:13AM -0600, Harris, James wrote:

> These [command line tools] ARE the tools that the developer provided for
> those of us who want to be old fashioned.

Command line tools are not quaint, archaic, scary, or old fashioned.
They are compact, efficient, fast, flexible, transparent, and
powerful.

If there's one thing I'm going to accomplish before I die it'll be to
convince people that Flashy GUI != (necessarily good | better than CLI
| necessarily easy).  If it takes large, pointed sticks of appreciable
diameter then so be it.