[lug] 2.4.13 kernel?

Shannon Johnston nunar at nunar.com
Wed Nov 7 09:53:20 MST 2001

I just installed the 2.4.13 kernel in a server of mine. It seemed to go
alright except that without a patch, it didn't support ext3fs. That
bothered me a bit. I'm not all that sure it's worth upgrading (at least on
a server) until the 2.4.15 release that the Openwall security features are
supposed to support. I do recommend upgrading according to the recent CERT
advisory.

I'll have to wait a while to see if I have any performance problems.

Shannon Johnston
nunar at nunar.com

Hiroshima '45 Chernobyl '86 Windows '95