[lug] route add -host attacks

Warren Sanders sanders at MontanaLinux.Org
Thu Nov 15 11:19:26 MST 2001

Another friend had suggested commenting out the KILL_ROUTE="/sbin/route features
in portsentry.  I have done this and restarted portsentry... now I sit and wait.
The attacks only occurred about 1-2 times an hour so it's not like I'm getting
DOSed.

James (below> is correct for what he suggests and I do not have this port open;
although I did find my NFS (services) was open partially.  NFS mount, NFS daemon
NFS quotas, and portmap were down.

So far I have not had any more route adds, but it's only been a couple hours.

--
Warren Sanders
http://MontanaLinux.Org