[lug] Help needed configuring an Epson Photo 890 under SuSE 7.2

Rob Osterburg rosterburg at qwest.net
Sat Nov 17 20:32:48 MST 2001

I just bought an Epson Stylus Photo 890. Although the linux hardware database
had good things to say about 890 and Epson ink-jets in general, it is NOT
listed in SuSE 7.2's printer installation tool (i.e., yast2 / printer).  I
ended up using their generic "Epson Photo" configuration.  The test page page
printed but was entirely black and white even the color section.

Anyway, what I want to do is print some digital images using Gimp.  From a
few Google searches it appears there to be a way to print from Gimp to a 890
under SuSE 7.2. If anyone has an suggestions on how to accomplish this, I
would really appreciate hearing them.   I did not found anything on point in
the support database but I'll keep looking.

Thanks, Rob