[lug] help with "undocumented" CVS error

qqq1one @yahoo.com qqq1one at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 16:34:41 MST 2001

Hi, I'm trying to get the source for a project on sourceforge.net.  I'm getting an error that I
can't find addressed in the documentation.  Here's what happens:

> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex login
(Logging in to anonymous at cvs.winex.sourceforge.net)
CVS password: (I hit return here as instructed by the project's cvs page
(http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=17631), the command line then hangs for about 15 minutes,
and then I get...)
cvs [login aborted]: can not reallocate 671088640 bytes

I've asked the project manager about this and he has never seen the error before and doesn't know
what to do about it.  I don't either at this point.  I've already searched through the source code
for CVS itself and I don't see where a message quite like the one above comes from.  I've also
checked my available disk space to see if it is a disk space issue on my end and it does not
appear to be.  I also searched on the web for others who have posted about this issue.  There are
many hits where someone has had the same problem, but no-one has posted a definite solution.  Just

Does anyone know what the problem might be?