[lug] AT&T WorldNet dial up using PPPConfig?

Jonathan Briggs zlynx at acm.org
Wed Nov 21 08:58:12 MST 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Crawford Rainwater said:

>Anyone have experience with configuring
>PPPConfig to dial up to AT&T WorldNet
>locally?  Finally got the modem to dial
>out, but have connection terminations, the
>logs do not show any reasons behind the
>termination.

I use WorldNet.  From what I remember, I needed to configure CHAP
authentication and you must not require the other side to authenticate
back.  As someone else mentioned, the debug options were very helpful.
 One other thing about the debug flags: I'm not sure what priority level
they log at.  You may want to change your /etc/syslog.conf file so that
*.* instead of *.info is logged into /var/log/messages.  After changing
/etc/syslog.conf, remember to send a HUP to syslogd.