[lug] attbi troubles

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Thu Dec 6 11:01:57 MST 2001

On 12-06 10:43, Calvin Dodge wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 07:51:46AM -0700, Ken Weinert wrote:

> > 3) he said that (unlike @home) IPs will change every 24 hours. I'm
> > presuming he means that IPs will have an enforced 24 hour lease.
>
> Thanks, I'll be watching for that.  If that's true for us, then I'm _really_ glad we decided to order DirecTV DSL (static IP address, server-friendly, and supposedly bandwidth-competitive with AT&T's new lower download cap).

What is the price range on this? What areas is it available in? I loathe
going from static to non-static IP...

> I'd already stopped dhcpcd on the affected interface. I just had to start it again, then rerun my firewall/masquerade script.

Any chance that you are running ipchains? This is the first time I've used
non-static IP, so I had to hard-code new IP in one of the calls to ipchains
- if it changes, I think my firewall may be hosed again.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at home.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome