[lug] Replacing leased cable modem with @Home?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Dec 8 01:58:24 MST 2001

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 09:52:07PM -0700, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
>If ftp (commandline) is reporting the correct stats, here's some info: I
>recently downloaded a FreeBSD ISO - I started this morning, and it recently
>finished...it said 20K/sec when done. 667955200 bytes in 3.25e+04 seconds.
>Could have been FreeBSD's ftp site, too, I suppose.

Didn't FreeBSD just recently (like in the last week or two) put out a new
release?  If RedHat is any sort of indicator, new releases make downloads
run like molasses...

My numbers were from month of use, but were still mostly a "seat of the
pants" as far as what I saw as peaks on large downloads.

If we only get 20KB/sec, they can have their modem back.  ;-/

Sean
--
 Linux:  When you need to run like a greased weasel.
                 -- Sean Reifschneider, 1998