[lug] Autocorrelation functions?

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Dec 19 16:45:33 MST 2001

Hi Wade,

I use MatLAB routinely for covariances, etc.  Its a good package
and has worked well on Linux for many years (am currently running
MatLAB R12 on Red Hat 7.2).  In fact, its one of the few closed-
source tools that I use frequently.  The downside is the price.
For academics, its a min of $500 for the basic package plus about
$250+ for each additional "toolbox".  And more for commercial
entities.

There are open-source programs (eg: Octave http://www.octave.org/)
that are very similar to MatLAB in both syntax and computational
capabilities and have some graphing capabilities.  You might want
to try them first.

hth,
Ed

ps - You can get student versions of MatLAB in most university
      bookstores (inc. Mines) for about $100.

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher    |  Emails:   <ed at eh3.com>, <ehill at mines.edu>