[lug] Switching IP's

Greg Horne jeerygh at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:32:45 MST 2002

Here we go.  I wrote out a big migration plan for moving a bunch of
websites that are NT hosted to Linux hosts.  The moving of a test IP was
flawless.  The one kink was this:

1.  On NT server website was: 202.207.197.3
2.  On Linux box it was kept as: 202.207.197.3

The reason I am keeping the same address is because we are not
authorative for some of the sites to be moved.

3.  Internally the website displayed fine (on the LAN)
4.  Externally the website would not load, dying just before the router
(I did a trace route and it stopped just before the router).

That's the kink.

I tried resetting the switch that is connected to the router, with no
effect.
I have rebooted the NT Sever, and Linux Server hoping something would
"refresh"

The only thing I have not tried is messing with the Cisco 2524 router
that we use.

Does this sound like a router issue, a Linux issue, or a combination?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Greg