[lug] Conference at CU Law school: "After Microsoft"

Jeff feenix at ticnet.com
Thu Jan 10 19:05:43 MST 2002

I'd love to go, but I can't afford the $500 right now.  I guess it's
true:  education costs.  Is it ready for the poor yet?
Jeff

Chris Riddoch wrote:

> Hi, everyone.
>
> A conference called "Regulation of Information Platforms" is happening
> at the CU Law School on Sunday, January 27 from 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM and
> Monday, January 28 from 8:30 AM - 2:15 PM.
>
> One of the talks is entitled "After Microsoft" and in my opinion, is
> certain to mention Linux.  Some of the speakers were directly involved
> in the DOJ vs. Microsoft antitrust case.  I'm told that Lawrence
> Lessig is one of the speakers.
>
> The law school here at CU frequently has conferences and panels on
> technology and law that I think some of us here in BLUG would be
> interested in.  If you're a fan of Lawrence Lessig (I know I am...) or
> are otherwise concerned with telecom or "intellectual property" or
> commercial law as it relates to technology, (maybe Evelyn's talk on
> licenses last month inspired you)...
>
> Check out what they've got: http://www.silicon-flatirons.org/
>
> --
> Chris Riddoch       | epistemological
> socket at peakpeak.com | humility

"Yet they are mistaken, they will be exposed, and they will discover
what others in the past have learned;  Those who make war against the
United States have chosen their own destruction."
G. Bush Jr.  Sept '01