[lug] Samba problem

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jan 16 10:05:54 MST 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 02:45:01PM -0700, Elyse Grasso wrote:
>timeout connecting to 192.168.1.99:139
>Connection to barney failed

Sounds like firewall rules to me.  Try allowing all traffic from the other
box, and see if that makes things better:

   ipchains -I input -b -s <this IP addr> -d <other IP addr> -j ACCEPT

Do that on both machines, then try the smbclient again.  Once you've done
that, if it's still not working, look in /var/log/smb (/var/log/samba?) at
the log files to see what they say.

Sean
--
 The best defense against predators is to taste bad.