[lug] More Light Needed

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy at mlug.missouri.edu
Tue Jan 22 10:01:21 MST 2002

<snip>
> An easy way, via a boot CD, of a pure Linux
> base install that in many ways is like the
> old MS DOS system but containing the C compiler
> and header includes and Bash shell for the end
> user to install freely whatever He/She wishes
> via un-doctored tar source files.
>
> I guess what I am saying is that I want to make
> a Linux distribution without added junk or
> withheld info that gives the end user total
> freedom to do their own thing.

I haven't played with it yet but Sorcery GNU Linux
may be what you are looking for.  It is a a source
based Linux distro.  There was a review recently
on DistroWatch.com.
http://www.distrowatch.com/review-sorcerer.php

DistroWatch.com may be a resouce you should utilize
it has links/information/news about virtually every
linux distro.

Other source-based distro's you may want to look into
are Gentoo Linux, Rock Linux and LinuxFromScratch
(which I think somone recently mentioned).

enjoy,

-jeremy