[lug] How reliable is Linux? (quantitative)

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Mon Feb 4 14:46:34 MST 2002

* On 2002-02-04 21:40 Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh> wrote:
> Seriously...  I know it's "very reliable".  I have about a dozen Linux
> machines here at home.
>
> Does anyone know of any quantitative studies of Linux reliability?

Well, there was an interview with Bob Young mentioned on LWN today,
in which he was talking about a client of theirs in England who
switched to linux because of reliability concerns.

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-828802.html

They probably have some press release out about those numbers.
Or, you could just email Bob Young and ask him.

Evelyn Mitchell
efm at tummy.com