[lug] penguin computing

Shannon Johnston nunar at nunar.com
Mon Feb 11 17:34:34 MST 2002

We've been using Penguin boxes for quite a while now.
I never used it with the stock software load but a secured and optimized
load went on seamlessly. Optimizing the kernel was no sweat, (as long as
you know that the default network card is the right one.)

We had a web server that just stopped working after a huge power hit. We
did some troubleshooting and found out that the problem was that the web
server wasn't set to come up on startup. The last time the server was
started was when it was first started, more than 2 years ago.

As for support, I've never called them, but I've heard good things.

Shannon