OT: Re: [lug] M$ and their media player

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Sun Feb 24 19:43:04 MST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Bear Giles <bgiles at coyotesong.com>
> > It's not such a big deal in my view.
>
> You don't have the right to declare whether the lookups are a "big
> deal"or not.

In fact I do have that right.  Notice also that the phrase "in my view"
clearly expresses that this is my opinion.  Yours is different and I
respect that.

In particular, I'm in agreement that the Media Player application
should address privacy concerns by documenting the function and
allowing users to disable it.  But honestly, that's why we choose Linux
instead of Windows.  It gives us control over these things.

It still amazes me that people are surprised to find out that they have
revealed something when their Internet aware application "magically"
tells them what they're watching.