[lug] RH 7.2 Sound problem

Jonathan Briggs zlynx at acm.org
Tue Feb 26 10:38:26 MST 2002

If you're having problems with sound skipping, you should try a 2.4.18
kernel with the preempt and O(1) scheduler patches.  That's what I'm
running, and I can compile kernels and flip my virtual desktops as much
as I want while running XMMS and sound never skips.  This is a 433 MHz
Celeron, so it isn't due to the beefy hardware.  I did have to fiddle
with nice values to make this really work.  I reniced XMMS and ESD to -19.

Those two patches are Good Stuff (tm).