[lug] wine, vmware,etc?

Elyse Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Thu Feb 28 15:55:09 MST 2002

I have a nagging memory that at one of the BLUG meetings (possibly as the 10
minute demo) we were shown a product other than vmware or wine that could be
used for running windows apps on a linux box. (I'm pretty sure this other
product had a moderate pricetag.)

Can anyone tell me 1.) what this product was? 2) Is it possible to load and
run Quickbooks 2001 with it? (I know some functionality will probably be
missing because Quickbooks insists on the presence of IE 5.5 or later).

I have transferred my personal accounts from Quicken to GNUCash, but I would
like to be able to mirror my company's acounts on my Linux-only laptop.
Migration from Quickbooks is not an option in the foreseeable future, since
we use Intuit's payroll service, among others.

Is anyone using Quickbooks from a Linux platform?

Thanks

Elyse