[lug] scp tools?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Mar 14 00:05:12 MST 2002

Jeffrey Siegal wrote:

> D. Stimits wrote:
> > No cvs support on that particular machine yet, other than clients. First
> > I have to get a repository ok'd (these are production machines inside of
> > an ongoing business, I don't dare make changes that effect security
> > without asking).
>
> You don't need cvs to be running as a server to use CVS_RSH.  It uses
> ssh to connect and then uses the regular client apps on the remote system.

It goes beyond the technical ability. What I'm saying is that I need
permission (political) to add a repository, that particular machine has
some specific server purposes in an ongoing business. Drive space, cpu
use, and network bandwidth are all designated, and if I break that, it
might mean losing the server.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com