[lug] ISP for antispam recommendations?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Mar 28 22:59:07 MST 2002

SpamAssassin is SOOOO good.  I think someone here recommended it, so I added
it to one account here at home.  It's caught over 300 spam messages in
three-four weeks, tagged them as spam, moved them to another mbox "folder"
(I use IMAP on the server here) and rated them as to how "spammy" they are.

It's only moved two legitimate e-mails to the spam folder and they were
advertisement announcement style messages from people I actually do business
with, that I wouldn't have missed at all.

Of course, setting it up this way allows me to poke through the IMAP folder
from time to time, marking them all for deletion and making sure nothing
went in there that wasn't supposed to.

It's pretty impressive for a little Perl mail filter how well the rulebase
was thought out.  :-)  And it will use, but doesn't require the various
online databases to be available when it's filtering mail.

http://spamassassin.taint.org/

--
Nate