[lug] OT: UDP multicast question

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Fri Apr 5 16:16:08 MST 2002

In his _Network Programming, Vol. 2_ , Stevens has an example of
a one-to-many fifo based broadcaster.  That's what I'll probably
use.  However, all I really want to do is send a note to many
processes that table T, row R changed so that if they care they
should go look to see what happened.  I want to make the message
route as simple as possible and avoid polling ( other than internal
select() calls ).

Scott