[lug] Laptop recommendations

Andrew R. Diederich diederic at boulder.net
Mon May 13 12:09:43 MDT 2002

On 13 May 2002, Ed Hill wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 11:28, Andrew R. Diederich wrote:
> > I like my IBM A22m (work's laptop).  It runs win2k fine, I've put recent
> > Krud on it, too.  I loaded SuSE 8.0 on it for fun this weekend, and I have
> > X problems -- the top 1" of the screen is at the bottom, but the mouse
> > cursor is in the right place.  Weird.
>

> Have you checked out:  http://www.linux-laptop.net/
>
> Which graphics chipset does your A22m have?  Its probably a Rage128
> Mobility series.  And I'll bet you a double latte that I can get X
> working correctly on it with a recent Red Hat or Krud install.  ;-)
>
> Ed

No bet.  I already told you I'd had Krud on it, and didn't mention
anything went wrong . . .  *smile*

I did check out the linux laptop site, and I tihnk it's a bug in the
version of X SuSE uses.  I sent in a problem report 'cause I wanted to
check out their install support.  I've also tried the ATI driver, but no
change.

ATI Technologies Inc. RAGE P/M Mobility AGP 2X.  Anyway, I just wanted to
throw out the datapoint.  I wasn't looking for help (yet).  Still trying
to RTFM.

--
Andrew