[lug] what would break if...

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri May 17 14:51:44 MDT 2002

This made me brave enough to attempt it. Unfortunately, I ended up with
an enormous list of other packages that needed the older 3.1 version,
including rpm itself, along with some other important packages (like
pam...break that and watch the system die). The funny thing is that one
of the packages that needs it is php-4.0.6, but I want to upgrade db3 to
get php 4.1. I think whoever coined the phrase "dependency hell" will go
down in history as the exact opposite of the saying "nobody needs more
than 640k".

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com