[lug] compact flash

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu May 23 02:44:54 MDT 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 10:30:22PM +0000, j davis wrote:
>Well, I have had my 32meg  kodak compact flash for a year. I only put

I guess I didn't make it very clear, this was specifically about SmartMedia
(which is quite distinct from Compact Flash).  I'd be interested in hearing
if anyone has had success or failures with using a high-speed mechanism for
getting data off SmartMedia cards without trashing them.

Though, since our camera can only take 16MB cards, and they're selling them
pretty cheap at Target and other places I'm sure, I guess I don't feel that
bad about it if I do end up trashing them.  Using serial to transfer the
images, frankly, sucks...

Sean
--
 "Are you classified as human?"  "No, I am a meat popcicle."
                 -- _The_Fifth_Element_