[lug] Digital Cameras and Linux

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Fri Jun 7 12:37:05 MDT 2002

Bryan Field-Elliot wrote:
> Hi,

<snip>
> Is this a no-brainer or is this a difficult choice? I just have no idea.
> Input would be greatly appreciated.

gphoto and gphoto2 work great.  You can find a list of supported cameras
here:
http://www.gphoto.org/cameras.html

I have personally played with the Canon S200 and really like it (but I
don't own a digital camera at this time).  It is very small, has great
picture resolution (and quality) and is make of stainless steel (very
rugged).  You can easily carry this camera in your pocket without
braking it, which I find very nice.  It is also capable of recording
movies (with enough RAM - the camera I played with had 128MB).

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid
Architectural Energy Corporation