[lug] Dual Boot with Windows XP

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Wed Jul 3 11:13:34 MDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 11:13:36AM -0600, J. Wayde Allen wrote:
> [...]
> they've got:
>
> Name	Flags	Part Type	FS Type		Label	Size
> hda1		Primary		Unknown (DE) 		   32.91 MBytes
> hda2	Boot	Primary		NTFS		[^C]	29964.70 MBytes
> 		Pri/Log		Free Space		    8.23 MBytes
>
> This is a bit different than what I've seen in the past.  Is there
> something special about the first and last partitions here?

Not  shure about it, but some notebooks come with a partition they use to
save their RAM to when falling asleep. I once  installed Linux on a notebook
and whiped out this partition _Without_ disabling the 'save to disk' feature
in the BIOS :-/ I did loose some data during the first suspend.

  Ralf Mattes