[lug] serial terminal ?

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Tue Jul 9 12:02:33 MDT 2002

Hi there,

Why not a 486 or something like that. You can probally get an old pentium
cheaper than a terminal. Just put a null cable on it and run minicom. You
can even remove all the gettys from the inittab and run minicom insttead.
Of course this might cause a problem if you ever need to log in and fix
something so you might wanna leave one.

We did something like this with an old PM2 and could control multiple
servers from there.

Thanks
Ken